dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazukofs 3.1.4-rc3

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazukofs 3.1.4-rc3
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:02:06 +0100

On 2010-11-09, Tommy <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am running Ubuntu ver. 10.10 64 bit. Because I never could get any
> version of Dazukofs to work with the 2.6.35 generic kernel, I
> installed the latest Kernel release, 2.6.36-020636-generic. Dazukofs
> 3.1.4-rc2 works just fine with the new kernel and AntiVir. But,
> Dazukofs 3.1.4-rc3 does not. 3.1.4-rc3 installs and works until you
> try and shutdown the computer. It will not let the computer shut
> down. It hangs on the shutdown screen showing stopping the Antivir
> workstation and stopping avguard...I was wondering what changes were
> made to ver. 3.1.4-rc3 that it would keep the system from shutting
> down....

You are probably best off talking to the AntiVir people about this
issue. Since I do not know what features of DazukoFS they use, it is
not really possible for me to determine what the issue is.

All changes for rc3 were patches submitted (they are listed in the
CHANGELOG). Two patches did indeed introduce some changes to DazukoFS
behavior:

patch-014 (make syscalls restartable)
patch-015 (implement mmap writing)

To undo patch-014, just copy "group_dev.c" from rc2 to rc3 and
recompile.

To undo patch-015, just copy "file.c" and "mmap.c" from rc2 to rc3 and
recompile.

If we can identify which patch caused the problem, then we can either
fix it, or leave that patch out for an rc4 version.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer