dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazukofs 3.1.4-rc3

From: Lino Sanfilippo
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazukofs 3.1.4-rc3
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:17:31 +0100

John Ogness wrote:
Evidently it is the patch-0-14 that causes the problem. I copied
"group_dev.c" from rc2 to rc3 and recompiled rc3. Now the computer
shuts down without a problem.... I see no need to mess with the
patch-015.

Tommy, thank you for reporting and testing this!
Could you please provide me with some more informations:
- what antivir guard version did you use
- what parts of the filesystem did you mount with dazukofs
- did this shutdown problem trigger always or only under certain circumstances
(after accessing a few protected files for example).

Thx in advance!

OK. Thank you for investigating this. I will remove patch-014 (make
syscalls restartable) for rc4.

@Lino: If you can provide a fix soon, then we can keep this feature
for the upcoming 3.1.4

I dont think that anything is wrong with the patch. The problem may be
that

a) the antivir guard is not yet able to handle the new signal semantics
correctly (please note that it is not always a good idea to use the guard with
the latest dazukofs release - especially if its an release candidate.
The guard is tested and optimized for the dazukofs versions that are shipped
with it by Avira - and although we try to keep compatible with the "official" dazukofs, there are some differences between the ones shipped by us (Avira) and the officials ones)

b) its another issue that has nothing to do with patch-014.

Regards,
Lino

Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter: Tjark Auerbach
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Tettnang
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 630992
ALLGEMEINE GESCHÄFTSBEDINGUNGEN
Es gelten unsere Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen
(AGB). Sie finden sie in der jeweils gültigen Fassung
im Internet unter http://www.avira.com/de/standard-terms-conditions-business-de