Re: Multiple Score Typesetter font sizes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Multiple Score Typesetter font sizes
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 12:52:31 +0000

On Sun, 2022-02-06 at 12:19 +0000, Dominic Shann wrote:
> I have to admit I find this issue a bit mind boggling at present – no
> doubt in time it will get easier – but the idea of being asked if you
> want to make the score size conditional, and thus not having to look
> under the bonnet is appealing. I guess, though, if you decided to
> change your mind about the size for one of the layouts then you’d
> have to go into score properties? Or could you override it with a new
> directive???

yes, creating another conditional directive for Score Size with the
same condition would result in the new one (being last) having effect
and the other would just be debris; the prospect of people having their
file silt up with disused directives rather put me off this.

The other thing that is a bit off-putting is that score size is only
one of dozens (?) of properties this could be applied to, which would
mean modifying dozens of scripts... Would it, instead, make sense if
when you make a directive conditional it offered to apply this not to
the directive itself but to a newly created duplicate, perhaps with the
complementary condition applied to the original...

So, e.g., making a score size conditional "only for" one part name
would optionally create this condition on a duplicate while making the
original (settable) score size "ignore for" that part. I'm not at all
sure trying to hide the underlying mechanics would be such a good
idea...

Richard