Re: Multiple Score Typesetter font sizes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Multiple Score Typesetter font sizes
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 08:56:23 +0000

On Sun, 2022-02-06 at 18:02 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> I went looking in the denemo file and found a series of XML blocks
> which
> clearly followed each other.

Yes, no need to look in the xml, you can see it in the Score Properties
Editor: there you see first a directive with tag "SetFontSize" - though
it is given the label belonging to the command, rather than this
internal name.
Below this in the Score Properties Editor you will see the "duplicates"
of this which have a tag comprising the parent tag and some extra text
that you supplied when creating the duplicate to explain what the
duplicate is for.
Your first one is tagged "SetFontSize Score". For this duplicate the
tag is shown in the description of it in the Score Properties editor
because there is no longer a menu label for a command to create/edit it
- which explains why there is no longer an "execute command xxx" button
either, Denemo has lost track of what command originated this Directive
as the tag has changed.

> I had assumed it would be some sort of If.. THEN.. ELSEIF block,
> but it sets the standard layout and then changes it dependent on any
> conditions met in the extra (Print)Set Overall Score Size items.

yes, it wasn't designed, just incrementally evolved as almost
everything else in Denemo: Denemo Directives were first conceived to
insert some LilyPond syntax into the output, to which was added
inserting some MIDI bytes into the MIDI output, drawing something in
the display, overriding the normal LilyPond output (as opposed to
prefixing/postfixing and even infixing it), and finally making them
essentially appear/disappear depending on layout or (finally) Inclusion
Criteria.

It grew like Topsy as ambitions grew.