Re: Creating full score and parts in one PDF

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Creating full score and parts in one PDF
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 16:59:46 +0000

On Mon, 2022-02-07 at 17:38 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> It occurred to me that it would be possible to create a single PDF
> with
> several typesets in it (e.g. the Default Score Layout followed by
> individual parts).
> So now in the Print View the button that controls print out now
> offers
> "Append" as well as Continuous/Manual typesetting.
>
> With Append on subsequent typesets will appear below the ones already
> made.

I've added a new command to allow you to insert a heading for each
score layout that you may wish to append:

Command: Layout Instrumentation
Prints the instrumentation that the current layout provides (e.g. full
score, violin 1, etc)
Location: Object Menu ▶ Score ▶ Titles ▶ SimpleTitles
Internal Name: LayoutInstrumentation

This command lets you enter the heading you want for the current layout
- the sample given by default arranges for the heading to be centered
above the title for the first movement - it is automatically made
conditional on the layout it is for.

This suggests a way to make it easier to set score sizes that are
conditional on the layout: I'll do this next.