Re: Creating full score and parts in one PDF

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Creating full score and parts in one PDF
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 16:31:29 +0000

On Sat, 2022-02-12 at 14:24 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Sat, 2022-02-12 at 11:39 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Fri, 2022-02-11 at 19:02 +0000,
> > joeandangela@btinternet.com wrote:
> > > I'll download tomorrow and try
> > It's in today's build at:
> >
> > Command: Export Book of Layouts
> > Allows the creation of a single PDF containing a variety of layouts
> > (e.g. Full Score and individual parts). The layouts can have
> > different
> > font sizes etc, unlike the Append option in the Print View.
> > Location: Main Menu ▶ File ▶ Export As
> > Internal Name: ExportBook
> >
> > I have in mind a few tweaks to make the construction of the book
> > more
> > transparent, but I think it is good to go.
> > With this command I think you could construct a book comprising
> > scores
> > from different Denemo files... (not tested).
>
> I've tested this now and it works, indeed you can create a title page
> for your book by creating a Denemo score that just has LilyPond
> markup
> (*) and no actual music and make that the first "layout" in your
> book,
> then load the score and typeset various layouts adding them to your
> book.
>
> Richard
>
> (*) I'm not sure what the best way to do this might be - what I did
> was
> to use the "Text after Movement" on a blank score and then delete the
> only staff in the movement so that all that was left was the text.

I've included a template for a book title page - it can be opened and
the text altered and then included as the first page in a Denemo Book.
You would then load the actual score and put the various layouts into
the book before finally generating the PDF.
I've attached the template here for those who don't want to wait until
tomorrow. There is a prize of 10 Gold Denemo Stars to the person who
crafts the best looking title page template to replace my quick and
whimiscal effort. The LilyPond documentation
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/text-markup-commands
 will explain how to draw boxes around text etc etc...

Richard