Re: [directory-discuss] Are license notices mandatory? -- urgent and imp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Are license notices mandatory? -- urgent and important
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 22:59:36 -0400

  > * Should I extend the script to look for repositories now as well?

Would you please say concretely what change you propose?
Which script are you talking about?
What does "look for repositories" mean?

  >  There
  > are about 11 000 WebExtensions for Firefox 60 at this writing, and
  > repository link are not included in the API JSON files for them. That
  > means that I have to manually add them to custom register.

Why are we talking about Firefox extensions
in the context of the Free Software Directory?
Do we list free Firefox extensions in directory.fsf.org?

That is valid in principle, since they are free software and can run
on GNU/Linux.  But it might be more practical and useful to have a
separate list of them.

  > * Should I re-implement the option in FreeAMO to download each add-on
  > and look for a license file in the root directory?

What is FreeAMO?

--
Dr Richard Stallman