[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Do I need a FCC license?

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Do I need a FCC license?
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 08:30:54 -0600
User-agent: Mutt/

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 11:35:57PM -0600, Eunsoo Seo wrote:
> Hi, guys. I'm a newbie.
> I'm planning to buy some USRPs and start learning gnu radio.
> By the way, somebody told me that I need a license from FCC to use gnu radio.
> And he said that getting a license is not the manufacturer's duty but mine.
> Is this true?
> Do you guys have licenses?

Most of us probably have amateur radio licenses. That allows us to transmit
higher power on amateur frequencies.

1. You only need an FCC license if you come under US jurisdiction. If you
   are in any other country, you need to meet their requirements.

2. Part 15 allows unlicensed transmission in some frequency ranges at low
   power. (47 CFR 15)

3. Test systems using cables and dummy loads which keep signals
   contained do not need a license.

4. Receivers do not need a license unless they radiate more than Part 15



reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]