[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Do I need a FCC license?

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Do I need a FCC license?
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 12:41:04 -0500
User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7-1.1.fc3 (X11/20050929)

Here is the ITU description of ISM bands:


I forget whch region the US is in and the specific details of US regs, but I think you should be able to use theUSRP in TX mode in 433.05-434.79 MHz.


LRK wrote:
On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 11:35:57PM -0600, Eunsoo Seo wrote:

Hi, guys. I'm a newbie.
I'm planning to buy some USRPs and start learning gnu radio.

By the way, somebody told me that I need a license from FCC to use gnu radio.
And he said that getting a license is not the manufacturer's duty but mine.

Is this true?
Do you guys have licenses?

Most of us probably have amateur radio licenses. That allows us to transmit
higher power on amateur frequencies.

1. You only need an FCC license if you come under US jurisdiction. If you
   are in any other country, you need to meet their requirements.

2. Part 15 allows unlicensed transmission in some frequency ranges at low
   power. (47 CFR 15)

3. Test systems using cables and dummy loads which keep signals
   contained do not need a license.

4. Receivers do not need a license unless they radiate more than Part 15


Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]