Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD won't work with GRC

From: Fabian Klaes
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD won't work with GRC
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 16:40:51 +0100

Dear list,

i did a fresh try from a clean, new installed Ubuntu 10.04 and with the reworked installation instruction on [1], and now it works (unfortunately, i still don't know what has been the issue before).

For the record, here is, what i did (see also the instructions on [1], [2] and [3]):

#Install the dependecies for GNU Radio on Ubuntu 10.04:
sudo apt-get -y install libfontconfig1-dev libxrender-dev libpulse-dev swig g++ automake autoconf libtool python-dev libfftw3-dev \
libcppunit-dev libboost-all-dev libusb-dev fort77 sdcc sdcc-libraries \
libsdl1.2-dev python-wxgtk2.8 subversion git-core guile-1.8-dev \
libqt4-dev python-numpy ccache python-opengl libgsl0-dev \
python-cheetah python-lxml doxygen qt4-dev-tools \
libqwt5-qt4-dev libqwtplot3d-qt4-dev pyqt4-dev-tools

#Install git and cmake:

sudo apt-get install git-core cmake

#Download and install UHD from git:

git clone git://code.ettus.com/ettus/uhd.git
cd uhd/host
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../
make
make test
sudo make install
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib #Check where your path is with "find |grep libuhd"

#To test if the installation was succesfull run "uhd_find_devices"

#Download and install GNU Radio from git:

git clone http://gnuradio.org/git/gnuradio.git
cd gnuradio
git branch --track next origin/next
git checkout next
git branch #Just to check if you really got the right branch
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pgkconfig:${PKG_CONFIG_PATH}
./bootstrap
./configure #I did it with --enable-gr-uhd because of the trouble i had before
make
make check
sudo make install

#Done! Now i could run gnuradio-companion and found the UHD Blocks

[1] http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/UbuntuInstall
[2] http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki
[3] http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/build.html

Fabian