Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem cross-compiling version 3.5.1

From: Stefan Ott
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem cross-compiling version 3.5.1
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:59:02 +0100

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 23:18, Philip Balister <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 02/20/2012 02:54 PM, Philip Balister wrote:
>> On 02/20/2012 01:18 PM, Ben Hilburn wrote:
>>> Stefan -
>>>
>>> The command listed in that FAQ relies on the use of a CMake toolchain file,
>>> which is distributed with GNU Radio.
>>>
>>> A recent update (to CMake, possibly), seems to have broken use of the
>>> toolchain file -- all of the flags inside of it will get ignored.
>>>
>>> Instead of passing the -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE flag, I would recommend
>>> copying the flags out of the toolchain file, and put them on the CMake line
>>> manually.  Depending on what version of CMake you have, this might be
>>> unnecessary - but it is easy to workaround, and this way, you can be sure.
>>
>> OK, it looks like cmake requires clubbing with a blunt instrument when
>> trying to use FLAGS in a toolchain file.
>>
>> Can the people having issues try this fix and let me know if it works:
>>
>> https://github.com/balister/GNU-Radio/commit/895d2373c2adcc4a0ce949f320d9d92ee672178a
>
> Make that:
>
> https://github.com/balister/GNU-Radio/commit/ffb564cf0361ebbb51d3715ab3cd9672d38f655c

Thanks a lot for all the advice so far. I am currently engaged in
combat, trying to get cmake to cooperate with pkg-config and find my
libraries (never used cmake before). I will report back when I get
some results or reach another point where I need help.

cheers
--
Stefan Ott
Communication and Distributed Systems