[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:10:40 -0500
On Friday 05 January 2001 08:20, Vinodh D Rajan wrote:
> Can I take a shot at implementing max buttons in wm. If I do it, it
> will take some time since I have to understand the source
> code and only then proceed.
The beauty of Open source _IS_ that you can make whatever changes you like.
That beign said, I personally don't care for maximize buttons on *step
windows. When I was a new NextStep user, I thought they would be handy, but
I've come to the conclusion that the way NeXTstep/OpenStep/GStep apps are
laid out with the separate window and menu (which is _much_ better than the
combined window/menu of all the other major interfaces) makes maximized
windows awkward (IMHO). Part of the system's beauty is that it's designed for
monitors > 17", and the windows, menus, and pallettes are all floating
separately. While maximize would be handy for conventional X, KDE, MOSX, and
Gnome apps, (especially on smaller monitors) my opinion is that it would not
be such a good thing on *step apps.
As I said, the beauty of open source is that you can change whatever you
like, but you might want to think about grabbing something off the TODO list.
Of course, just my 2 cents. Any work contributed is good!
- Idea, Dennis Leeuw, 2001/01/04
- Re: Idea, Jason H Clouse, 2001/01/05
- Re: Idea, Vinodh D Rajan, 2001/01/05
- Re: Idea,
Jeff Sciortino <=
- Re: Idea, vinny, 2001/01/06
- RE: Idea, ian . mondragon, 2001/01/05
- Re: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea), Nicola Pero, 2001/01/05
- Re: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea), Sungjin Chun, 2001/01/06
- Re: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea), ]d, 2001/01/06
- Re: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea), Philippe C . D . Robert, 2001/01/06