Re: A killer app?

From: Jason H Clouse
Subject: Re: A killer app?
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:03:43 -0500

<<I mostly disagree. I don't need YASW (yet-another-shell-wrapper), I'm
quite happy with bash, yast and/or available LDAP tools. Having a
UserManager doesn't give me any additional value (indeed the
additional value of the NeXTstep UserManager is not the UI>>

Maybe.  But it sure would be nicer than the RedHat tools.

<<What I miss on Linux are productivity applications done in a
consistent, interoperable manner. Diagram, OpenWrite, Improv, Mail,
OmniWeb, WetPaint and for development, IB, PB.>>

How true.  Unfortunately, I hear that it's difficult to get OpenStep
developers to port their software.  Isn't there any way we can put some
pressure on Omni or something?  We *at least* need a decent web browser.
I'm getting really sick of Netscape 4.7.

Jason

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.