Re: Why is GNUstep less successful than GTK and Qt??

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Why is GNUstep less successful than GTK and Qt??
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:58:18 -0700

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:10:13 +0200
Pascal Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:
> Chris B. Vetter writes:
> > For example in my case, I usually only have time (and the will) to
> > do some private programming over the weekend, at home where I
> > (voluntarily) do not have Internet access.
> Don't be silly!

Huh?
If that refers to me not having Internet at home, that is indeed so.

There are people who try to have some semblance of a private life
during weekends, you know ;-)
Oh, yea, I don't have a TV either...

> > So online documentation is pretty much useless from my point of
> > view.
> wget

And what good exactly will running 'wget' be if
a) I don't have Internet available
b) GNUstep (Foundation and AppKit) specific documentatin shows a short
   "Description forthcoming."
   Besides, I do install the documentation along with GNUstep, so I do
   have it available. But most of the methods are not documented (except
   for the phrase above) so I usually end up digging through the header
   and source files.

--
Chris