Re: XML idea

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: XML idea
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:49:56 +0000

> No, it doesn't.

Now that response surprises me as I though that any Apple additions
which didnt conflict with the basic OpenStep spec were good for addition.

> If they aren't good, we shouldn't add them. A good, standalone XML
> framework is much better than a bad, minimalistic implementation in
> -base.

Except for portability reasons (which I know doesnt matter to  a lot
of people, but to others it is vital).

> depend on -base being configured a certain way isn't nice.

Now there I agree with you. It shouldnt really require yet more libraries
to be present. How about a standalone implementation though ?

-bat.