Re: hide the menu

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: hide the menu
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:37:48 +0100

discuss-gnustep-bounces+lars.sonchocky-helldorf=bbdo-interone.de@gnu.org
wrote on 26.01.2004 22:05:48:

> simply position the menu off-screen using a defaults entry. I can't help

> you with the  specifics of how to do this but I know others use it
> routinely and that it works fine.

Btw. I think this little trick is a rather nasty "feature" of GNUstep:
What besides the purpose to position a menu willingly off-screen is this
intended for? I see only problems arise from this: What if an user
positions the menu of an app accidentally off-screen (for instance by
reducing the screen resolution)? Off course this can be fixed by fixing
the defaults entry, but I think this is _not_ userfriendly (since this
solution doesn't occur to the "victim" naturally). I think menus that got
possitioned off-screen should return to an on-screen location the next
time the .app is launched.

greetings, Lars