Re: GNUstep Icons Effort : you can help !

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: GNUstep Icons Effort : you can help !
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:14:36 +0100

On 2004-10-23 20:38:06 +0100 Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:

http://www.quentinmathe.com/gnustep/documentation/UI/icons/ -- improved with your feedback since our first mail, but we're still looking for new or better ideas if you have them

I liked the text, but I got confused before reaching the end. It started with general principles, but then seemed to jump back and forth between principles and particular cases. I think it needs a little reordering to make it easier for idiots like me to follow. I suggest:

1. Introduction
    1.1. General overview
    1.2. What's technically possible

2. General ideas
    2.1. Core Problem
        2.1.1. Guidelines
    2.2. Readability
    2.3. Spacing
    2.4. Perspectives
    2.5. Special colors
    2.6. Icons composition and badge support
        2.6.1. Icons family
    2.7. Universal recognition
    2.8. User interaction

3. Specific types
    3.1. Generic icons
      3.1.1. Application icons
      3.1.2. Document icons
      3.1.3. Plugin icons
      3.1.4. Media/device icons
    3.2. Default icons
    3.3. Toolbar icons

that the icons will be released under the Free Art licence (http://artlibre.org/licence.php/lalgb.html).

Are you aware that it is a copyleft licence, so icons licensed under that cannot be incorporated into works under the GNU licences?

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Will HLF fund tree-killings? http://www.thewalks.co.uk/