Re: gnustep debian app developer env setup (help needed)

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: gnustep debian app developer env setup (help needed)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:21:55 -0700

On Nov 4, 2008, at 10:34 AM, Elim Qiu wrote:

I start with a fresh installation of debian etch and found gnustep need many
newer packages than what etch stable provides. So my questions:
(1) Is there a source.list for all the base env packages that gnustep
needed, so that I can keep updating gcc, gobjc etc along with gnustep
updates?
(2) Or maybe the way to go is to setup a cvs(svn?) access to check out the
new releases and update gnustep?
(3) Is there a check list for all the prequirement of gnustep?

You can view

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/sources.html

for a list of requirements, latest sources and access to SVN for GNUstep. We don't package our own debian packages, but SVN is the best was to get the latest releases (you could even look at the stable branch if you don't want something too bleeding edge).