Re: Should we split the project into two branches?

From: Max Chan
Subject: Re: Should we split the project into two branches?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 02:44:24 -0500

This is just whack…

What I mean by saying we need refactoring, is that our library structure is
twisted and may not bode well for future Swift integration. Here is ours:

* libc
  * libobjc2
    * Foundation (NSObject here)
      * CoreFoundation

And here is Apple’s:

* libc
  * libobjc2 (NSObject here)
    * CoreFoundation
      * Foundation
      * Swift Standard Library

Now do you see my point? (Don’t worry with Swift Standard Library to Foundation
toll-free bridging, all of those goes through CoreFoundation.)