Re: Should we split the project into two branches?

From: H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: Should we split the project into two branches?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 08:54:50 +0100

> Am 15.02.2022 um 08:36 schrieb Max Chan <xcvista@me.com>:
>
> Come to think of it, if we do chase the latest feature especially Swift
> compatibility, we get Swift Package Manager along with it which can be used
> as a parallel build system bypassing gnustep-make.

Hm. To me it looks as two distinct projects. GNUstep and some Swift compatible
thing (however it is called) using a different build system.
IMHO it is no problem hosting such elsewhere and from time to time
cherry-picking components from GNUstep and vice versa.
It is the way my project mySTEP is run. Separate repositories and mutual
exchange where it makes sense.