[DotGNU]System.Xml

From: Simon Guindon
Subject: [DotGNU]System.Xml
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 04:11:46 -0500

Ok myself and minddog (sorry but I don't remember everyone's names at this
point yet) have been working on System.Xml, mostly him but I've started
implementing XmlDocument.LoadXml and all that is needed to construct the DOM
structure using XmlTextReader that minddog is mostly working on.

Anyways, we have the chicken and the egg problem here.
XmlDocument.LoadXml uses XmlTextReader to load structure into XmlDocument.
Problem here is, should LoadXml do the Appending of children and attributes,
or should XmlTextReader do this internally with a XmlDocument privately in
it.  Currently thats how we have it, but then how do we get the structure to
the main XmlDocument.

My initial thoughts were that XmlTextReader ONLY did parsing of the text,
and the DOM creation happened in XmlDocument, but used XmlTextReader to
parse.

So does the nodes get appended in LoadXml as this.ChildNodes, or does it
happen in reader.Document.ChildNodes then imported to this.ChildNodes?

This is really confusing to explain, so I hope this makes sense.
Some input from Rhys would be greatly appreciated.

Simon Guindon
Nureality Networks
www.nureality.ca