Re: [Duplicity-talk] File / Directory names with spaces

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] File / Directory names with spaces
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 10:21:54 +0100

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I've had to make a creative bash
script to help exclude some dirs that have spacecs in them so it may help:

--- code start ---
find / -type f -name .duplicity-ignore -print0 | while read -d $'\0' file
do
  find / | grep "^$(dirname "$file")" >> /var/tmp/exclude.list
done
--- code end ---

It searches my system for dirs with a ".duplicity-ignore" file in it, and
adds it to /var/tmp/exclude.list

I then get duplicity to use this with the " --exclude-filelist
/var/tmp/exclude.list" option.

Rich.