Re: [Duplicity-talk] File / Directory names with spaces

From: Ed Blackman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] File / Directory names with spaces
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 15:59:54 -0400

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 07:16:54PM +0100, Richard Scott wrote:
shouldn't "duplicity --exclude-if-present .duplicity-ignore [other
options]" do the same?

From my understanding, that will just ignore the file, and not the
directory that file is in?

The man page says:
       --exclude-if-present filename
              Exclude directories if filename is present. This option needs to
come  before  any
              other include or exclude options.

I use it extensively to remove directories from my backup set: temp and cache directories and other directories where the files are either discardable or can be easily recreated.

Ed