dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] mkudffs help

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] mkudffs help
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:02:41 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting Chris Ditri <address@hidden>:
> P.S. If there is a better place to post this message, I would love to
> here it.  I apologize if it is in the wrong list.

Good question.

Do the UDF Tools have their own mailing list?  They didn't when I first
discovered them almost 4 years ago.  Do they now?

With that said, I have a suggestion.

I would not like to duplicate efforts here, so if anyone can "point out" the
lists out there where both users and developers discuss such things, I'd greatly
appreciate it.  All I've seen is the kernel lists, this DVDRTools list and the
various project pages (this one, UDF Tools, DVD+RW kernel support, DVD FAQ,
DVD+RW FAQ, etc...).

I will do two things as a result:

1.  Create of a _Linux-specific_ DVD recording/rewriting FAQ

Includes a "cut through the BS" analysis of what works and what doesn't -- with
a focus on Linux-wise.  I've been planning to do this for awhile anyway.

2.  Create new lists as necessary

We should need two different user lists.  One for "sequential write" aka
"recording" aka "burning" and one for "random access write" aka "packet writing"
aka "rewriting."  These would complement the FAQ -- and they would help
"fill-in" the FAQ as well (although I won't create the lists until I have some
basic info "filled out" in the FAQ)

I have a server where these mailing lists can be created.  But I fear I might be
"duplicating efforts."  What do you'all think?

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.            Contact Info:  http://thebs.org
A+/i-Net+/Linux+/Network+/Server+ CCNA CIWA CNA SCSA/SCWSE/SCNA