dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] mkudffs help

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] mkudffs help
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:30:29 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting Chris Ditri <address@hidden>:
> Better to keep it consolidated at least until people get
> more experienced at burning and understanding the technology of
> dvd's and dvd burners.  If you do have several gurus following
> the list, then by all means split it!
> Those are my thoughts You did ask... :0)
> Thank you!

I got to thinking again and I think you're right.  I can announce the FAQ/HOWTO
here and as it gets populated with info, it can serve this list good enough.

We really need a good, Linux-centric FAQ/HOWTO.  Most of the ones I've seen are
either general, and not good enough for Linux, or vendor-centric/arrogant (with
not always correct info) -- especially some of the DVD+RW ones which seem to
"blame" DVD-RAM/RW for "compatibility issues" not realizing the history (which
really "reverses" any "blame").

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.            Contact Info:  http://thebs.org
A+/i-Net+/Linux+/Network+/Server+ CCNA CIWA CNA SCSA/SCWSE/SCNA