edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu]Re: [Ofset-freeduc] Re: Freeduc-cd release 1.3

From: Hilaire Fernandes
Subject: Re: [edu-eu]Re: [Ofset-freeduc] Re: Freeduc-cd release 1.3
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:05:19 +0200

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:26:57 +0200
Alessandro Rubini <address@hidden> wrote:

      > If you want to help report it on the dedicated place, this is from where
      > I can easily look at. I cannot track each various places when working on
      > the final release and fixing the various glitches

      I understand that, but one can help only up to a certain point. The
      web is synchronous, it requires dedicated attention and often
      non-negligible processing power.  Thus I can only help up to posting a
      report by email, that I can write anywhere I am with whatever oldest
      laptop I have, and send it asynchronously later. I think the same
      applies to bernhard and to most of us.  So it's unfortunate if
      feedback is only received through http, because this practically means
      we can't give feedback.

Never mind, you do your best with my requirement and I appreciate. Note,
I never said feedback can only be send throught http, I say the place I
point to is for me a pratical place where I can keep track of things to
be done into Freeduc-cd. Also it helps to not forget things. The
processing power required by me to keep track of the changes to be done
is much higher when it is in a email form among hundred of email, also I
eventually want to share that changes.

      Note that Bernhard refers to a _real_ threat, i.e. a company already
      known to sue for that specific patent. Also note "we should avoid" and
      "if there are alternatives".

Back, to the GIF patent, people tell me it will vanish on June 2003, can
you confirm ?

Hilaire Fernandes