Re: C-l while in menu?

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: C-l while in menu?
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 20:58:23 +0200

   From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
   Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 17:43:18 -0600 (MDT)

   > Other people have requested that characters typed while a menu is
   > visible should control menu selections rather than being interpreted
   > in the usual way by Emacs.  Implementing that would be a good way to
   > fix this, and it might not even be terribly hard.  The code
   > that implements the menus normally used is in lwlib/xlwmenu.c
   > which is only 2141 lines long.

The first part of this is done (keyboard can control menu, no shortcuts
yet). I will commit it in a moment. Changes are:

2002-04-19  Pavel Janík  <address@hidden>

        * xterm.c (note_mode_line_or_margin_highlight): Remove unused
        variables `row', `i' and `area'.
        (XTread_socket) <KeyPress>: Pass KeyPress events when in menu to
        toolkit library.

2002-04-19  Pavel Janík  <address@hidden>

        These changes allow moving in menu via keyboard.

        * xlwmenu.c (xlwMenuTranslations, xlwMenuActionsList): Add
        translations for cursor keys and RET.
        (find_next_selectable, find_prev_selectable): New functions used
        for finding menu-items.
        (Down, Up, Left, Right): New functions.

I'd be glad to receive feedback from you (I already received some notes
from Gerd). There are also two or three FIXMEs in the code. If you can tell
me what do you think about them or (better ;-) fix that in the code, I am
happy.
--
Pavel Janík

Never engage in a battle of wits with an idiot;  they will bring
you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
                  -- Jeremy Jackson in linux-kernel