Re: mgp.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: mgp.el
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 16:01:27 -0400

> 2. Rename our version before putting it into Emacs. This might require
>    a rerun of the paper signing process. Possible names are
>    magicpoint.el or magicpoint-mode.el (mgp.el and mgp-mode.el are
>    taken as they are shipped in the contrib directory of the
>    magicpoint sources).

There's no need to re-sign any paper.  As for the name, I'd
lean towards mgp-mode.el but only if you are confident that the
missing features from the existing mgp-mode.el will be added
soon and you are confident that this old mgp-mode.el will not be
developed further.

Have you gotten in touch with the author/maintainer of the old
mgp-mode.el ?  What does (s)he think ?

        Stefan