[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Bug 130397
Re: Bug 130397
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:44:28 +0900 (JST)
In article <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>>> But ispell.el should be able to automatically check whether the chars can
>>> safely encoded with the coding-system and if not (as in your example),
>>> ispell.el will know that the word can't be checked by ispell and should
>>> just be skipped (and maybe marked as "uncheckable").
>> That seems to be a good approach. But, just checking
>> whether the chars is encodable with the coding-system is not
>> enough. For instance, entry for "francais" dict doesn't
>> contain "ñ" in CASECHARS, but "español" is safely encodable
>> by iso-8859-1. So, the same error happens. For ispell.el
>> to know that "español" is uncheckable, we anyway need the
>> current database ispell-dictionary-alist.
> Aaaahhhh.... I'm beginning to understand, thank you.
> But I still think ispell.el should not try to check "espa" and "ol".
> So I now agree that the CASECHARS table is needed, but it should be used
> after encoding the word (rather than when determining what is a word), and
> if some char is not in CASECHARS the word should be flagged as uncheckable.
Although I have not yet understood the detail, "if some char
is not in CASECHARS" is not enough. First of all, CASECHARS
is a regular expression. And NOT-CASECHARS, OTHERCHARS,
MANU-OTHERCHARS-P should also be checked somehow. If that
is the way we are going to take, I'd like to ask maintainers
of ispell.el to do such a change.
- Re: Bug 130397 (Was: Emacs - Ispell problem with i[no]german dictionary), Kenichi Handa, 2005/01/04
- Re: Bug 130397, Stefan, 2005/01/04
- Re: Bug 130397, Kenichi Handa, 2005/01/04
- Re: Bug 130397, Stefan Monnier, 2005/01/04
- Re: Bug 130397, Kenichi Handa, 2005/01/05
- Re: Bug 130397, Stefan Monnier, 2005/01/05
- Re: Bug 130397,
Kenichi Handa <=
- Re: Bug 130397, Ken Stevens, 2005/01/06
- Re: Bug 130397, Stefan Monnier, 2005/01/06
- Re: Bug 130397, Kenichi Handa, 2005/01/06
- Re: Bug 130397, Agustin Martin, 2005/01/07
- Re: Bug 130397, Geoff Kuenning, 2005/01/08
- Re: Bug 130397, David Kastrup, 2005/01/08
- Re: Bug 130397, Miles Bader, 2005/01/09
- Re: Bug 130397, Geoff Kuenning, 2005/01/09
- Re: Bug 130397, Eli Zaretskii, 2005/01/10
- Re: Bug 130397, David Kastrup, 2005/01/10