Re: Bug 130397

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Bug 130397
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:43:16 +0200

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> In article <address@hidden>, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
>> The cause of the error is the following: a line sent by ispell.el
>> to the ispell process is converted from mule-unicode charset to the
>> process charset, and the accepted output gets converted from process
>> coding to the internal Emacs charset iso8859.  So `search-forward' in
>> `ispell-process-line' fails to find a string in iso8859 charset
>> in the buffer with the same string in mule-unicode charset.
>
> Ah! I see.  I've just installed the attached change which
> should fix that misalignment error.  ispell-looking-at is
> not that tuned yet, and there will be a better way to
> implemente it.

I tried your fix, and the misalignment error doesn't occur anymore.
Thanks.

Now a new problem was uncovered: after selecting a correct word from
a list of near misses returned from ispell, ispell.el replaces the
misspelled word with a selected word, and inserts it into the buffer
not in its original mule-unicode charset, but in iso8859.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/