Re: Bug 130397

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Bug 130397
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:34:09 +0200

Geoff Kuenning <address@hidden> writes:
> Just brainstorming, it probably wouldn't be too hard to write a
> postprocessing script for -a mode that turned the output of ispell -a
> into something suitable for another ispell.

This approach is quite promising, but it doesn't work sufficiently well
for non-English languages.  It loses all characters that don't belong
to the alphabet specified in .aff file.  For example, it turns the line:

        I do not want to acept my bda español

into:

                         acept    bda espa ol

One solution is to add the -w flag to specify additional characters:

        ispell -a -w ñ -d american | fixispell-a | ispell -a -d spanish

Perhaps, ispell.el is able to find such a set of additional
characters automatically as a subtraction between two alphabets.

But there is another problem.  fixispell-a returns a list of near misses
only for the last language in the pipe.  It would be better if it
accumulated a list of near misses from all ispell commands in the pipe.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/