Re: ispell-region with M-$ in transient-mark-mode

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: ispell-region with M-$ in transient-mark-mode
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:06:28 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:
>>> From: Juri Linkov <address@hidden>
>>> It's very intuitive to work on the active region when the user has
>>> explicitly selected it in Transient Mark mode.
>>
>> Yes.  But word commands are IMHO not the ones that should be sensitive
>> to active region.
>
> Word commands executed on active regions can be interpreted as
> commands that should operate on every word in the region.

This definitely sounds logical to me!  At least with transient-mark-mode.

Also consider this example:

Put cursor on "definitely" above and type M-u -- whole word is upcased.

Instead, put mark at "d" and move cursor to "t", now do M-u.

What would you expect?  That only DEFINI is upcased or the whole word ?
(Currently it upcases the whole word).