Re: Customizing faces with `defcustom'

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Customizing faces with `defcustom'
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:55:50 -0500

    The `makefile-shell' oddity

    (defface makefile-shell
       ()
       ;;'((((class color) (min-colors 88) (background light)) (:background
"seashell1"))
       ;;  (((class color) (min-colors 88) (background dark)) (:background
"seashell4")))
       "Face to use for additionally highlighting Shell commands in Font-Lock
mode."
       :group 'faces

It's not invalid, but it is not very useful.
We need someone who uses this mode to suggest what that
font should look like.  Is there some standard font-lock face
that would be good to inherit from, as a good default?

    Also I'd remove the makefile faces from the `faces' group - currently

I agree; I did that.