Re: Emacs crashes

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Emacs crashes
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:35:49 -0500

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> True, but if you go back another week, there are some quite fundamental
> changes in the way X errors are handled -- which I think is more likely
> to be the cause of these problems...
>>
>> It would also be useful if people make a checkout of the March 1 sources
>> and edit with them for a while, to verify that they indeed do not crash.
>>

> I will do that.

If it seems likely that the X error handler changes are at fault, I
can revert them.  I have a pretty good idea how to fix the crashes
they were originally meant to address in a different, less intrusive
way (the idea is to make those functions that call x_catch_errors in a
signal handler instead call XSetErrorHandler to install a temporary
"ignore all errors" handler.)

Unfortunately, I have not been able to experience these crashes
myself.