Re: turn off safe-local-variable-values checking

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: turn off safe-local-variable-values checking
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 21:11:39 -0400

    > ;; For variables defined by minor modes, put the safety declarations
    > ;; here, not in the file defining the minor mode (when Emacs visits a
    > ;; file specifying that local variable, the minor mode file may not be
    > ;; loaded yet).  For variables defined by major modes, the safety
    > ;; declarations can go into the major mode's file, since that will be
    > ;; loaded before file variables are processed.

    Interesting.  I'd have to disagree: put it/them in the minor mode's file,
    but with an ;;;###autoload cookie.

That seems like a good method to achieve the goal
(which is that the property should always be there).
Would you please edit the comment?

    I think it's important to put those safe-local-variable properties at the
    same spot as where the variable is declared.

I agree, that will be better for maintenance, in case a change in the meaning
of the variable calls for a change in the property.