Re: How to stop find-grep-dired?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: How to stop find-grep-dired?
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:12:34 +0200

Lennart Borgman wrote:
Andreas Schwab wrote:

I see C-c C-k already has that meaning in the buffers made by M-x grep
and M-x compile.  So let's set it up to kill the process of
find-grep-dired as well.

It already does.

Andreas.
Thanks. I did not notice and now I know why. When using Cygwin for the inferior process trying to use kill-find just hangs Emacs. So there is a bug here.

kill-find now uses `delete-process'. Using `interrupt-process' or `kill-process' works instead. Is there any reason not to use them? Or at least try them first?

Maybe a process killing command should try this one after the other until the process is gone? (And then do the mode specific cleanup.)

I got no repsonse to this. Please notice that this is a bug on w32!