Re: mouse-autoselect-window

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:17:59 +0200

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:22:23 +0200 martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't know whether debugging this is feasible but could you try to, in
> `mouse-autoselect-window-select', insert some simple messages around the
> lines I added and see why they apparently return non-nil. In particular
> (window-frame window) shouldn't eq (window-frame (selected-window)) for
> different frames.  Otherwise, I'd have to reset my registry somehow to
> get the "standard" click-to-focus behavior :-(.

I inserted messages in a progn before and after the sexp (eq
(window-frame window) (window-frame (selected-window))), and also
before and after mouse-autoselect-window-timer is set in
mouse-autoselect-window-start.  But in all cases no message was
issued.  I even redumped emacs, but still nothing.  Do you have a
suggestion that you know will show a message?

One thing I notice with mouse-autoselect-window non-nil: if I set it
to a noticeable delay, still when I move the mouse to another frame
with split windows, and there onto a different window than was
previously selected, then the previously selected mode line
immediately displays the active face, and switches to inactive after
the delay.  In other words, something in the mouse autoselect code
seems to take effect immediately, ignoring the delay, as long as
mouse-autoselect-window is non-nil.

Steve Berman