Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:58:03 -0400

    > Do people agree with this?  We could call them "left", "middle", and
    > "right" in all our tooltips, if that is correct.

    The problem is what to do about mouse-4 and so forth: they will look quite
    out of place without 1, 2, and 3 coming before them.

We have no standard bindings for mouse-4 except in Artist mode.
And no tooltips mention it.

    > However, ISTR that this correspondence is not uniform.  Which number
    > button is the right button on a two-button mouse?

    It may have once been variable, but I believe the standard now is that it
    is mouse-3.  Often with such a mouse the two buttons may be pressed
    simultaneously to get mouse-2.

In that case, I guess we are ok changing mouse-1 to left and mouse-3
to right.