Re: Another VC terminology change?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Another VC terminology change?
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:03:45 -0400

    Isn't filesets.el similar by its functionality to the recently proposed
    project.el?

Isn't project.el the facility that lets you specify local bindings for
a directory?

fileset.el does a lot more than that.  They are not similar.

    As for the VC terminology, in contexts where the term "filesets" is
    ambiguous, it is possible to disambiguate it by using "VC filesets".

That is better than what we have now, but still rather clumsy,
so it is not a good solution.  We need a better one.