Re: `Q' in Dired - be able to skip the rest of one file and move onto th

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: `Q' in Dired - be able to skip the rest of one file and move onto the next
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:12:24 -0600 (CST)

Juri Linkov wrote:

   I think this is too weird trick to quit the query-replace operation
   with M-> and resume it with tags-loop-continue M-,

It is not a "trick", but a special case of a (to me) routine way to
skip a series of occurrences known to be irrelevant by simply moving
over them.  You can (and I routinely do), use not just M->, but _any_
motion command for that purpose.  I have no idea what is "weird",
unnatural or wrong about that.  It certainly is very useful.

Sincerely,

Luc.