Re: `Q' in Dired - be able to skip the rest of one file and move on to t

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: `Q' in Dired - be able to skip the rest of one file and move on to the next
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:56:55 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   I agree it would be good to have a way to skip to the start of the
   next file.

There is such a way right now:

M-> M-,

More than good enough for me.

   A natural interface for this would be to unmark each file just
   before starting to search that file.  Then, quitting the command
   and resuming it will skip that file.

Yes, but the file would stay unmarked.  If I mark files, I often want
to perform several operations in sequence on them.  Anyway, quitting
and resuming seems at least at much work as M-> M-, (which is only two
keystrokes to begin with).

Sincerely,

Luc.