Re: visualization of CVS commits

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: visualization of CVS commits
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:12:05 -0400

>> I also find the demo very cool, and I think releasing Emacs 23
>> accompanied with such a video would have a very positive effect.
>>
>> The use of Flash is very bad for free software.  If we release
>> a video, we should release it _only_ in Ogg Theora.

> I am not sure, but isn't the version of Flash supported by the Gnash
> player reasonably documented?

No offense to the Gnash people, but I haven't yet managed to watch any
Flash page on my machines, except the one where I gave in to my wife's
threats to use her Windows machine and installed Adobe's
Flash implementation.

Not that I mind, really: 99% of the Flash content on the web is the kind
of thing I'm happier without.

        Stefan