Re: please make line-move-visual nil

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: please make line-move-visual nil
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 19:50:24 -0400

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> I also think this is very bad design. Just imagine in vi, change hjkl to
> something different.

During the course of Emacs development, the behavior of C-n and C-p have
already evolved significantly, even before the line-move-visual change.
For instance, they vscroll images and tall lines.

The pros and cons of display line motion have been debated extensively,
and I see no new points on either side of the debate.  But since several
people dislike the new behavior, I think it would be good to add an
Options menu entry to disable it easily.