Re: please make line-move-visual nil

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: please make line-move-visual nil
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 23:26:11 +0200

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I've seen mention that text-mode
> should use a value of t, but haven't understood why that would be
> a better choice there than elsewhere.

I think it might be that word-wrap is also turned on by
visual-line-mode. That may perhaps give the impression that the code
was badly formatted, but in my opinion the fringe wrap symbols makes
it clear what is happening.

>>> 2 - there is very little evidence that someone might want different
>>> behavior in different buffers.
>
>> Evidence: I'm someone who might want different behavior in different buffers.
>
> Which behavior where?

Maybe I should not say this because I like the way visual-line-mode
works, but could not the concept of majo mode parents be used to get
some structure out of this?