Re: please make line-move-visual nil

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: please make line-move-visual nil
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 22:21:40 +0200

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman wrote:
>>
>> I believe it might be better to investigate more how certain features
>> (like visual-line-move) should be handled under different
>> circumstances. Such circumstances is (as is pointed out here) macros,
>> but there are others two, like printing.
>
> line-movement is not involved in printing. But any non-interactive use
> probably falls into the same category as macros.

Eh, yes, but printing is quite closely related here due to that
visual-line-move turns on word-wrap. It would be nice to be able to
get print to use that too. It is of course another problem. However I
suspect that thinking about those problems together might create
opportunities for better solutions (as you suggested).