Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Repla

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Replace prog-widen with consolidating widen calls
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 18:25:52 +0200

On 12/11/17 6:04 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I hope not.  I thought the goal of the branch was to allow Emacs
better support MMM and similar modes, and that removing/replacing
prog-indentation-context was just a means to that end.

Improving MMM support while retaining prog-indentation-context is, of course, possible, though it won't reach all the goals I have set for this endeavor.

But that would be a very different branch, with a different name. I have described the required work and its consequences in a separate email already.

But maybe I
was confused, and the primary goal was to remove
prog-indentation-context, while MMM support was just a nice side
effect, a bonus.

I hope you are not being deliberately obtuse.

But sure, whatever, I also eat puppies for dinner.