Re: BIKESHED: completion faces

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: BIKESHED: completion faces
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 18:51:54 +0000

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019, 15:31 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I'll customize a face. Faces and variables that control
> > application of faces are, in my humble opinion of course,
> > crazy. Even for Emacs :-)
> I think you are looking at this from the implementation POV.  From
> users' POV, an option (or a minor mode) is a better way when we are

Implementation-wise, I think I would handle an `if`
and a variable.  It a very bad idea for usability,
that's all. Just what would you call this thing? No,
no, forgot I asked :-)
Anyway, whatever the name I strongly oppose it.
I can't stop you from adding it, of course.

Eli, although I do feel some itch to reply to your
characterization of my solution as "all-or-nothing"
I will leave the discussion here, since I have nothing
new to add.  Contrary to what you might believe from
the number of words I spent on this, I am not sad
or demotivated. I plan on continuing to contribute to
Emacs and some of these things will require (or are
already waiting for <wink>) your feedback, so I suggest
we move on to those.

João