Re: BIKESHED: completion faces

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: BIKESHED: completion faces
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 22:49:36 +0000

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 7:06 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > I think you give up too early.
> > I must have written about 50 mails in this thread and explained
> > the same things some 20 times. I call this about time.
> OK, I will shut up from now on.

FTR, nobody asked to shut up or anything like that.
You said I gave up too early, I said that after so much time
arguing with you and others I wouldn't say that it is "early".

I simple have no more arguments to give you or anything new
to contribute. I've made at least 3 different proposals here. You
objected to all of them: I simply have nothing else to contribute.

> (You may wish to reflect on how your style of arguing makes it hard to
> participate in discussions where you take part.)

Thank you very much for your time and energy throughout this
discussion, Eli. I have been in many many discussions with
fruitful outcomes, here and elsewhere, some of them including
you. This wasn't one of them. That's just the way it is, sometimes.
You will, however, understand that I dispense with such unneeded
paternalism.

> FTR, your intention to reverse which parts of completion candidates
> are prominent and which aren't is completely against my intuition,

My proposal was only to control highlighting for a new style, 'flex'
which I believe you don't use.  So I don't think "reversion" is an
adequate characterization. (I did indeed propose that earlier, but
I gave it up after you tried it and told me you didn't like it).

> I don't care how other flex systems out there work.

That's a bad call.  But 100% your prerrogative.

João

--
João Távora