Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: ndame
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 04:55:41 +0000

> I'm working on something that uses GTK foreign rendering to draw button
> and input field backgrounds as face boxes; I should be able to get it
> in a usable state soon (right now it only works on top of another set of
> patches I'm working on that make Emacs a pure GTK app).

Looks good. These are the changes Emacs needs, so it has a nicer first
impression for users who come from mainstream tools to give it a try.

Emacs shouldn't look old fashioned out of the box. It would be great
if it could use GTK widgets on all major GUI platforms, instead of
text buttons and stuff.