Re: PL support

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: PL support
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 15:55:16 -0400

On 09/05/2020 14.03, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: João Távora <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 18:58:54 +0100
>> Cc: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,
>>      emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>>
>> (More likely you'll have a silly eglot.el vs lsp-mode.el debate, and
>> more draining bikeshedding.  I'll try to spend my time typing code
>> instead.)
>
> Exactly why I think a working end-to-end solution will have a much
> better chance of resolving the dispute.

Let's not be too hasty with calling the debate silly.  I don't use either
lsp-mode or eglot but I do see strong opinions in favor of both, and "blessing"
one as official, especially a (currently) less popular one, can cause sour
feelings and give the perception that emacs-devel is being insular.

AFAICT, eglot and lsp-mode both already work very well, but for FSF reasons we
can only recommend eglot.  Is that right?

If there are two great options and both are one click away after starting
Emacs, is there really a problem in need of solving?